Over the past couple weeks, I have been fixing and adding new features to Mystic Mayhem. It is currently in peer review on the XBLIG App hub, the patch will hopefully be deployed by next week.
Patch 1.3 has the following updates/features:
- Score determines if you can proceed to next level
- You need a “C” (70%) or better to advance
- Note to Previous Purchasers: the game will immediately send you back to any older levels you failed to retry, but you will be able to go to “newer” levels if you want.
- Lavaball now hurts player
- Banshees(green faced guys) now follow you without disappearing
- Banshees are now slower
- Added Thumbstick Threshold
- Menu selection speed should be slower
- Increased ladder climbing speed
- Music should now stop before ending video shows.
- Block traps now disappear 1 second from touching them.
- Level Fixes:
- Level 18 – Made spikes lower
- Level 9, 11, 14, 16, 18 – fixed respawn issue
- Level 17 – changed area around to allow player to go back to beginning if they forget key
- Level 13 – added ladder at end to allow user to go back
- Level 5 – added trap
- Level 1 – removed dead guy at beginning of level to make more kid friendly
- Now has unlockable characters
- Princess Parsley and Cloud Car @ 10000pts
- Malwarp and Dragon @ 15000pts
- King (as Butterfly) @ 20000pts
One of the new features of Survival Mode is an unlockable character system (see above pic). You will now be able to play other characters, such as: Princess Parsely and Cloud Car(10000 Pts), Malwarp and Dragon(15000 Pts), and the King (20000 Pts). When you hit certain score, a popup will show telling you if you what character you unlocked and will be able to play after you finish/leave the game.